Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Night-bloomiing Cereus

Hi To all on this May Day, I thought I would post a picture of some lovely surprises my dear fairy friend Casdo ( Carol ) sent me. The oh so cute ceramic bee candle and "buzz on in" plaque she sent me a bout a month ago.. The lovely plant in back are the starts I received from her yesterday off of her own plant.. It is called a;

"Night-Blooming Cereus " Queen of the Night Peniocereus greggii(Cereus greggii)

Very lovely night blooming flowers Quote: For one midsummer's night each year, its exquisitely scented flower opens as night falls, then closes forever with the first rays of the morning sun.
I am tending the starts with care as they are precious to me as the friendship..
Thank You Carol.. I will keep you updated on the plants progress. I mixed my own desert soil recipe. I have lived in desert regions.. I of course used my botanical no how<--LOL --->

Like " Mother Nature" listens to THAT!!

Sparkles All & Happy May Day

Bee

PS: To all My faithful blog readers & fellow blogger's, I have changed my comments settings to: Anyone can leave comments now---> you do not have to be a blog member to post now.. Sorry I meant to change that a long time ago .. But I forgot<---:-)