Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Midsummer Nights Dream




Hi to all, I just watched this film AGAIN ! I just love the fantasy this film projects.
I also LOVE Micky!! Look Dick Powell is in it to You may know him from the "Thin Man" movie series. Oh, I know--- I am the classic film girl.. I can not help myself they provide so much sparkle!!! If you get achance give this film a veiw. I think you will like it!
Sparkles
Bee


A Midsummer Night’s Dream(1935; directed by William Dieterle and Max Reinhardt

Know actors; James Cagney, Joe E. Brown, Dick Powell, Olivia de Havilland, and Mickey Rooney?


Shakespeare's tale of foolish mortals, squabbling fairies and mismatched lovers. Most of the play takes place deep in the forest, where a quartet of human lovers have fled: Hermia and Demetrius, happily in love, do not wish to be split up by the law of their land. Hot on their heels are Lysander, out to claim Hermia for his bride, and Helena... hopelessly besotted with Lysander.Unfortunately, the four get caught up in a battle between Oberon, king of the fairies, and his wife Titania. In order to teach his queen a lesson, Oberon has ordered the sprite Puck to employ magic so that she will fall in love with a country bumpkin... who's been turned into an ass. Puck, however, can't resist using a little of the fairy dust on the troubled mortals. comic confusion follows -- much to the mischievous Puck's delight...
PS; Mickey Rooney? Carreer started in 1920. He was 15 when he played Puck in this film.