Monday, May 26, 2008

In Memory



I am a United States Marine. My tenets are Duty, honor, and commitment in service to god, country, and corps. No matter the cost; nor matter the sacrifice; to the last full measure; I will do my duty. I will honor the traditions of those Marines that have gone before me; as they have passed to me so will I pass to those who follow the sword to freedom, the banner of courage, the unblemished honor of the corps; for service without honor is not service. I will serve with honor and remain faithful at all times; to my Corps, my division, my regiment, my company, my platoon, my squad, my fire - team, and to these tenets. I will be commented. I am a Marine. Not a ex, or a former marine; I am or I am not. There is no middle ground.
I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE
William MacDonald