Hi to all this Lovely much awaited Beltane... Much Merry to all. I will spend my day dry pressing flowers. I have some spied to pick and get them pressed... :-)
Also known as May Eve, May Day, and Walpurgis Night. It celebrates the height of Spring, and the flowering of life. The Goddess manifests as the May Queen and Flora. The God emerges as the May King and Jack in the Green. The danced Maypole represents Their unity, with the pole itself being the God and the ribbons that encompass it, the Goddess. Colors are the Rainbow spectrum. Beltane is a festival of flowers, fertility, sensuality, and delight.
- Prepare a May basket by filling it with flowers and goodwill and then give it to someone in need of healing and caring, such as a shut-in or elderly friend.
- Form a wreath of freshly picked flowers, wear it in your hair, and feel yourself radiating joy and beauty.
- Dress in bright colors. Dance the Maypole and feel yourself balancing the Divine Female and Male within.
- On May Eve, Make a wish as you jump a bonfire or candle flame for good luck.
- Welcome in the May at dawn with singing and dancing.
This is a poem I wrote last "Beltane" it is slated to be published this year.
Under the moon, its pure delight,
As it rises high, so full and shinning bright.
Reflecting a smile to all below,
While wrapping the world in a magical glow,
To wish alls well in the renewed days to come
Filled by Mothers Natures grace, with the rising of the sun.