Saturday, April 19, 2008

Aprils Pink Full Moon









Hi to all on the eve of the Pink Moon,


The month of April is known for "April showers, Brings May flowers" (Except here at RavensWood.. Snowed today????) But anyway it is known as a month when spring flowers begin to show up. Herb moss, pink, or wild ground phlox, are some of the earliest widespread flowers of the spring. As the name infers, the flowers are pink in color, thus the name for April's full moon. I decided to put this to the test.. As the Old Farmers Almanac states this is why it is called the pink moon, as lots of pink flowers come into bloom around this time.. So I went out to my woods today with my puppies and camera in my shaky hands.. ( Very cold today) To search for this evidence... Low and behold there they were --- phlox, salmon berry, red current and apple blossoms. All natives here but the apple. I got some snap shots of them just before it started to snow..
So I guess the old farmer almanac wins again.... :-)
Many sparkling Moon beams to all
Bee