· 11th Moon of the Celtic Year - (Sept 30 - Oct 27)
· Latin name: Osirian Ivy - hedera helix
· Celtic name: Gort (pronounced: goert).
· Folk or Common names: Ivy.
· Parts Used: leaves, bark, berries. (Caution: Some types of Ivy are poisonous. )
*September is said to have originated from the word "Septem," which means "seven," being the seventh month in the oldest Roman calendar. It is the first month of Autumn's rule and a time when the Druids celebrated their Festival of Alban Elued ... bidding the Sun God farewell, while thanking him for the harvest.*